How to configure Pray With Me-1
Configure location settings
When Pray With Me is launched for the first time, one of the 5 salat page's are displayed, the page page is dependent on the time of the day and the corresponding salat, in this example the Isha salat page is displayed as in image 1.
By default the location settings are set to London, UK.
THIS SETTING NEEDS TO BE CONFIGURED - for correct salat times to be displayed and for the Qibla compass to work and indicate the right direction.
1. Click on the 'Settings Tab', the last tab on the bottom left of the screen.
2. Click on 'Setup Location'
There are two options available here:
If GPS or Wi-Fi connections are available, select 'Automatic', the location settings will be configured automatically otherwise, clink on 'Manual' then select Country, City and locality.
To manually confirm the settings:
4. Click on 'Salat times' tab, second from the bottom left.
5. The name of City and Country should correspond with your current location.
If you manually configured the location settings, you can skip this step as a confirmation of the configuration is displayed on an earlier screen.
The location settings are now configured.
Salat times are now displayed on the left hand coloured tabs AND on the Salat times layout as in image 4, on that layout the Sunrise and Sunset time are listed along with the Islamic and Gregorian calendar dates.
Fine tuning salat times
The primary reason that time differences occur in salat timings, are due to: Different calculation methods that are used by the varying opinions of different schools of Islamic thought (all in minor details). Each of the methods use a slightly different angle of the sun under the horizon for Fajr and angle of the sun under the horizon for Isha.
To adjust for any differences that exist between your local salat times and those displayed on the app, adjust the variables and calculation methods on the options below:
1. Calculation Method (image 5/6)
2. Higher Latitude Adjustment (image 7)
3. Asr Juristic Method (image 7)
So they match and represent your local salat times and those of your particular mosques school of Islamic thought, this should address the differences for Fajr, Isha, and Asr.
A summery of the regions in which each method is used and the angles for the different methods are listed below:
Muslim World League [Fajr: 18, Isha: 17]
Europe, Far East, parts of USA
Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) [Fajr: 15, Isha: 15]
Parts of the USA, Canada, parts of the UK
Umm al-Qura University, Makkah [Fajr: 18.5, Isha: 90 Min after Maghrib] (120 minutes during Ramadan)
The Arabian Peninsula
Egyptian General Authority of Survey [Fajr: 19.5, Isha: 17.5]
Africa, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Malaysia, parts of the USA
University of Islamic sciences, Karachi [Fajr: 18, Isha: 18]
Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Afghanistan, parts of Europe
Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran, Iran [Fajr: 17.7, 14 (Isha angle is not explicitly defined)]
Some Shia communities
Ithna Ashari, Leva Research Institute, Qum [Fajr: 16, Isha: 14)
Some Shia communities worldwide.
We are (InshAllah) aiming to bring you the Unified London Salat Times in a soon to be released update.
NOTE: We really want to help you with any issues but cannot respond to issues or queries raised in product reviews, please email us directly at salat time support. We will try to get back to you as soon as we can, please be patient we are a small team.
How to use the Pray With Me
1. Select a prayer of your choice.
2. Then click on Rakat 1 button, for a chosen salat.
3. From the popup list of surahs and du'as, select the one that you wish to hear recited after surah Fatiha during that selected Rakat.
4. Confirm the section by clicking on the green tick, and repeat process for the second Rakat.
5. The green light confirms a selection has been made for that salat.
6. The cancel button allows you to cancel the selection for that salat altogether.
NOTE: For each salat (both the rakats MUST have a surah selected and appointed to each Rakat) other wise the play back will not function.
For a 4 Rakat salat - imonly the first two rakats need to be selected, the playback will be of a 4 rakat salat.
Image 11, two salats have now been selected, the second one will play after a 15 second gap, from the end of the first salat.
7. Select a delay time, this delay time is designed so that after pressing the play button you can have time put the device down and move to your prayer mat. By default the delay time is set at 5 seconds, this can be changed to 15 or 25 seconds.
Turn up the volume on your device before starting.
8. Press the play button (after the selected delay time the salat will start).
RECOMENDATION: play back volume can be enhanced by using a external speakers connected to your device.
Using the digital compass
The compass is affected by many every day household objects, phones, speakers, magnets etc.. The compass needs to be calibrated the first you use it and occasionally from time to time thereafter.
Calibrate the compass
When the calibration symbol appears or if the compass needle stops moving, wave the Android device (gently), in a figure of 8 movement.
The sleep function
This unique function is designed so that you can select a single or multiple surahs or du'as to listen to while drifting off to sleep, the sound of the play back reduces gently towards the end of the selected playback times - the minimum playback tiem is 5 minutes, but there 15 minutes or 25 minutes.
1. Select any number of surahs and du'as that you wish to hear recited or wish to practice reciting with.
2. Select a playback time (5, 15 or 25 Minutes).
3. Press the 'Play' button.
When the play back has completed the selected order is cleared ready for the next time.
NOTE: If your selection is less than the time period (i.e. 5 minutes) you might not benefit from the gradual reduction in the volume of sound.